With everyone sheltering in place due to the coronavirus pandemic, Google is making it easier for you to find your next meal. Now, when you open the Google Maps app, you will see new delivery and takeout shortcuts at the top of your screen. Tapping either of these shortcuts will instantly filter out any local restaurants and chains that do not offer takeout or delivery options.
Also, when you select any restaurant in the app, you will be able to quickly see if they only offer dine-in services, or if they have delivery and takeout options.
You can also find this information by doing a Google search on your computer. Whether you’re searching for a specific restaurant or a certain type of food, Google Maps will highlight where you can get delivery and takeout options. You can quickly find this information by looking under their street address of any restaurant in your browser window.
Once you pick a restaurant, you can even use Google Maps to order your food. All you have to do is click the Order button, and you will see the restaurant’s delivery menu. Then you can place an order with popular delivery apps like GrubHub, UberEats, and more.
How to Order Food on Google Maps
To order food on Google Maps, open the app or search for the restaurant on Google using any browser. Once you find a restaurant, tap Order Online, add items to your order, and then tap Checkout > Place order.
- First, open Google Maps. You can use the Google Maps app on your smartphone or search for a restaurant on your web browser.
- Then search for a restaurant or type of food. If you are using the Google Maps app on your phone, you can tap the Delivery or Takeout shortcuts under the search bar.
- Select a restaurant and tap Order Online. If you are using the smartphone app, you will have to scroll up to see this option. If you are using Google Maps on your web browser, you will select the Order Pickup or Oder Delivery buttons instead.
- Choose which items you want to order, and tap Add to order.
- When you’re done with your order, tap Go to order.
- Then tap Checkout. Make sure to review your order first.
- Finally, scroll down and tap Place order. If this is your first time ordering through Google, you might be required to enter your personal information, such as your address and credit card number and security code. Make sure to review the on-screen information and leave a tip at this stage.
If you’re looking for more ways to get food delivered right to your door, check out our list of the best grocery delivery apps here.