No matter which Amazon Echo model you have, you probably won’t be able to hear it in another room. If you don’t want to confine your music to one room, here’s how to connect Alexa to Bluetooth speakers or even Bluetooth headphones.
Before you connect your Echo device to Bluetooth speakers, make sure that you do the following:
- Position your Echo and Bluetooth speakers at least 3 feet apart.
- Don’t forget to turn on the Bluetooth speakers for pairing mode.
- Disconnect the Bluetooth device you want to pair Alexa with. Your device might not be able to recognize a device that is already connected to another device.
How to Connect Alexa to Bluetooth
After taking the steps above, here are the steps on how you can connect Alexa to your Bluetooth speakers:
- Launch the Alexa app and go to Devices. This is the icon that looks like a house on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- From the Devices menu, select the Echo that you want to pair.
- Tap Bluetooth Devices in the next menu.
- Select Pair a New Device. You will then be shown options of available devices that you can pair. If you don’t know what your device is called in the Bluetooth menu, check the device to see if there is a model number.
In this case, we are pairing to a Bluetooth speaker with the model number CK 207. This number can be found by looking at the bottom of the device.
- Select your Bluetooth speakers. Congratulations, you can now hear Alexa or listen to music via the Echo dot but blasted through your Bluetooth speaker.
The next time you turn on Alexa, and you find that it’s no longer connect to your Bluetooth speakers, simply say “connect my speaker.” Alexa will automatically pair with the last device connected to your Echo device.
Can I Use Alexa as a Bluetooth Speaker?
By their very nature, Amazon Echo devices are speakers that let you interact with Alexa. As we have highlighted above, you can connect certain models to Bluetooth speakers to make them even more powerful.
But if you are wondering if Alexa devices themselves can be used as Bluetooth speakers, the answer is yes. Here’s how you can use Alexa as Bluetooth speakers:
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on from your computer or mobile phone.
- Say, “Alexa, turn on Bluetooth.” This command switches on its pairing mode.
- On your computer or smartphone, go to settings and launch Bluetooth. When you see Alexa under the pair-able devices, select it. Alexa will let you know if a successful pairing was made.
Once your Alexa is successfully paired with your computer or phone via Bluetooth, you can start using it as a wireless speaker.
Don’t like the way Alexa talks to you? Find out how to change Alexa’s voice in our previous article by clicking this link.
HelloTech editors choose the products and services we write about. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.