You might want to reset your Roku device if you are experiencing any issues or if you plan on returning it or giving it to someone else. Resetting your Roku device will erase all your settings and unlink your Roku account. Here’s how to reset your Roku device to factory conditions in two different ways.
How to Factory Reset Your Roku Device Via Settings
To reset your Roku device, press the Home button on your remote. Then go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings. Next, choose Factory reset and enter the code on your screen. Finally, select OK and wait for your Roku device to restart.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Then go to Settings. You can find this in the left sidebar of your home screen by pressing the left directional button on your remote. Then press the up directional button on your Roku remote to access the Settings menu.
- Next, select System. You can either press the OK button on your remote or the right directional button.
- Then go to Advanced system settings.
- Next, select Factory reset. Then you will see a code listed in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Then enter the code on your screen and select OK.
- Finally, select Start factory reset. Doing this will immediately turn your Roku off and back on again. You will see the Roku logo bouncing on your screen once the device restarts.
Once you reset your Roku device, you will have to set it up all over again. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to set up Roku to find out more.
How to Factory Reset a Roku Device Using the Reset Button
Roku devices come with a physical factory reset button on the back or bottom of the device. This button is either a tactile button or a pinhole button. You can factory reset these devices by long-pressing this button.
- Switch on your Roku.
- Then find the reset button. You will usually find this on the back or bottom of the device.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Finally, wait for your Roku device to restart. On most Roku devices, you will see an indicator light start to blink rapidly once the device is resetting.
Once you reset your Roku device, check out our guide on how to use your Roku device without a remote.
HelloTech editors choose the products and services we write about. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.