When you ask Alexa to play a song, your smart speakers will automatically start streaming from Amazon Music by default. However, there’s an easy way to change the default streaming service to Apple Music instead. Then you can listen to your favorite songs and playlists on any of your Alexa devices. Here’s how to play Apple Music on your Alexa speakers.
How to Play Apple Music on Alexa
To play songs from Apple Music on your Alexa devices, open the Alexa app and tap Menu > Settings > Music & Podcasts > Link New Service. Then select Apple Music, tap Enable to Use, enter your Apple ID and password, and select Allow. Finally, tap View Music Settings to make Apple Music your default streaming service.
- Open the Alexa app. If you don’t already have the app, you can download it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Then tap More. You will see this three-line icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Next, tap Settings.
- Then tap Music & Podcasts. You will see this under Alexa Preferences by scrolling down the menu.
- Next, tap Link New Service.
- Then select Apple Music from the list of services. If you do not see Apple Music, go back and select Default Services at the top of your screen. Then see if you can change any of them to Apple Music.
- Next, tap Enable to Use.
- Then sign in with your Apple ID and password. If you don’t know your Apple ID and password, check out this guide from Apple. You might also be required to enter a two-factor authentication code.
- Next, select Allow.
- Then, tap Close.
- Next, click Visit Music Settings.
- Finally, tap Change and select Apple Music as your default streaming service. You can change Apple Music to be the default streaming service for music and artists and genre stations. You can also change your default podcast service to Apple Podcasts as well.
If you want to ensure that a song is played from Apple Music, you may still need to add “on Apple Music” to your commands.
“Alexa, play [song name] on Apple Music.”
Check out our list to find out other cool things Alexa can do for you.
HelloTech editors choose the products and services we write about. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.