What to Expect with the New Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung, known for reimagining smartphone features to set the new standard, is releasing the new Samsung Galaxy S9 on March 16. This brand new model is designed to represent how consumers communicate and express themselves in this digital era. Whether you are focused on a high-end camera, videos or emojis, there are features to reflect your personality and needs.
Here is a glimpse into the technical specifications to expect from the Samsung Galaxy S9:
- Operating System: Android 8 (Oreo)
- Display: 5.8-inch Quad HD AMOLED Display
- Dimensions: 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
- Front Camera: 8MP AF (F1.7)
- Rear Camera: 12MP AF sensor with OIS
- Memory: 4 GB RAM with Micro SD Slot (up to 256 GB)
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Sensors: Iris, Fingerprint, Pressure, Geomagnetic, Hall, HR, Proximity, and RGB Light
- Authentication: Pattern, PIN or Password (for Lock system)
- Audio: Stereo speakers tuned by AKG
- Video formats: MP4, 3GP, M4V, 3G2, FLV, MKV, WEBM, and ASF
The Galaxy Foundation
Samsung has made strides to stand out from the crowd. They introduced the “Galaxy Foundation” since the first batch of Samsung Galaxy phones were released. The latest features wireless charging as well as IP68 water and dust resistant technology.
One of the major changes with the Galaxy S9 is expandable memory capacity of up to 400 GB (through Micro SD card). It can support premium application processors. These processors are capable of sophisticated image processing and performance.
The camera has always been one of Samsung’s strongest suit. The Galaxy S9 camera is designed to adapt to light like the natural human eye. That makes it possible to capture quality images in low or bright-lit conditions.
The Dual Aperture lens is a step forward in the world of high-end smartphones. It allows the camera to automatically switch according to existing lighting conditions by the time an image is captured. In other words, it adjusts your photos whether taken during the day or night.
The F1.5 aperture mode is ideal for shooting in the dark. It helps to pull in light to ensure capturing well-lit photos. The F2.4 aperture mode is recommended for daylight use. It automatically shifts the aperture to 2.4 in order to create sharp images.
The most distinguishable design improvement of the Galaxy S9 is the infinity display. The grand edge-to-edge display allows you to see more. Yet, it is designed to fit perfectly in your hands. The sides are curved to create an infinite display illusion and minimize viewing distractions.
Going big with the screen was not the sole goal for the S9. Samsung aimed to provide a better viewing experience with the 18.5:9 display ratio. When paired with a powerful speaker, you can enjoy cinematic viewing quality on your smartphone. The advanced contrast enhancement automatically adjusts the display contrast when viewing in broad daylight.
As mentioned above, the Galaxy S9 comes with powerful speakers. You can experience the action in a crisper and more life-like manner. According to Samsung, the speaker is 14 times more powerful than the models that came before it.
Another new feature is Samsung Knox. This built-in chip ensures the security of your data and activity. The S9 comes with multiple types of sensors. You can choose the most secure way to lock (and unlock) your phone. You can set up a PIN, password, or choose a unique pattern. There are improved fingerprint and iris scanners if you want to ensure that only you can have access to your smartphone.
Other Galaxy S9 Highlights
Below are a few more noteworthy features of the Samsung Galaxy S9:
- AR Emoji: It’s not the same as iPhone X’s Animoji, but you can create an animated version of your selfie. It provides a creative and fun way to express your personality.
- Handheld Translator: It will instantly translate languages from all over the world in real time.
- Super Slow-Mo: It can capture footage at 960-frames-per-second and stretch the video out dramatically.
- Multi-Device Experience: It provides a hassle-free way to connect your Samsung Galaxy S9 with other Samsung screens.
Pre-orders are currently available of the Galaxy S9. It comes in four colors: midnight black, lilac purple, coral blue, and titanium gray. The S9 retails at $719.99 and the S9+ at $839.99. If you need help with your new S9 or any other smartphone, HelloTech offers mobile setup and support.